Kaiako | Te Kunenga o te Reo (Rumaki - Kaupae 4)
Te Wānanga o Aotearoa
Closing Date : 27 Mar 2020
Permanent | Full Time (37.5 hrs per week)
Waitākere Campus | Henderson
Reference Number | 20DIHU046
If you want to be part of an organisation that is committed to whānau transformation through education, then this may be the position for you.
You will be required to provide high quality and effective learning experiences for Tauira by developing lesson plans and materials, plan and deliver tutorial sessions, respond to Tauira learning needs and evaluating Tauira progress. The delivery mode for this programme consists of a combination of directed and self-directed learning, noho marae, one day wānanga and weekly face-to-face classes.
Applicants must be fluent speakers of Te Reo Māori, have an advanced knowledge of tikanga Māori as this is a total immersion program, and be familiar with te reo Māori teaching methods that will enthuse our students.
As a Kaiako, teaching involves, but is not limited to:
- Developing lesson plans,
- Presenting material to tauira
- Responding to tauira learning needs
- Evaluating tauira progress
- And enabling tauira achievement
To be successful in the role, ideally you will have:
- A level 5 Diploma (or higher) in Te Reo Māori
- An Adult Teaching qualification (at level 5)
- Or a current Teachers Registration
- A full, current NZ Driver's License
- Proven and endorsed experience teaching full immersion Te Reo Māori
- Extensive experience teaching adult learners
If this position is suited to you, please apply with a CV and Cover Letter describing why you would be the best candidate for the position and how/why you would fit into the organisation.
If you are keen to take the next step, please register and apply (using Internet Explorer) on our jobs site | https://twoa.careercentre.net.nz/
Recruitment inquiries to TK White | TK.White@twoa.ac.nz
Applications close | 27 March 2020