Whānau Ora Nurse
Te Whānau O Waipareira
Location: Henderson, NZ
Position Type: Full-Time
Vacancy ID: 29511460
Tired of working shifts with an overwhelming patient load? Come and work for an organisation where you can make a difference - smaller caseload and reasonable hours offered.
Te Whanau O Waipareira Trust has been serving the West Auckland community for over 35 years. One of the largest NGOs in New Zealand, with over 200 staff, with continued growth and expansion. Core to our health services we have provided community nursing since 1994.
We're looking for a Registered Nurse to work with whānau in the community focusing on Cardiac Rehabilitation and other long-term conditions, while also being actively involved in health promotion through education to the whānau/families of the patients.
A high level of data entry, reporting and administrative skills are required as is good communication skills and cultural awareness. This is a mobile position working within the community so a full drivers license is essential. NO SHIFT WORK - This is a Monday to Friday position working during normal business hours.
TO BE SUCCESFUL IN THE ROLE
- You will be a Registered Nurse with a current Practising Certificate (Nursing Council of NZ)
- Have experience in long term condition care such as asthma, diabetes, cancer, heart disease and arthritis;
- At least 2 years experience already working within the community;
- Have an awareness of Tikanga Māori, and an active understanding of Te Reo and the Treaty of Waitangi;
- A holistc approach to health and wellbeing for Māori;
- Experience in residential support / care environment;
- Experience in community nursing with chronic disease management (preferred);
- Experience of working towards an environment that promotes consumer involvement and healthy lifestyles;
- Ability to work without supervision;
- Have excellent planning and organisation skills, be adaptable and able to problem solve.
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY?
We can offer an awesome team and working culture in modern premises in the heart of West Auckland Henderson township. Just a 2 minute walk from rail/bus transport hub and large-scale malls, stores and eateries. We provide 5 weeks annual leave, 4% Kiwisaver Employer contributions, promote a work life balance and are committed to providing ongoing professional development.
If this sounds like your new challenge for 2020 – please review the JOB DESCRIPTION AND APPLY today.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.