Waikato Institute of Technology, Wintec
An opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and motivated professional to make a real difference to students with disabilities at Wintec. Reporting to the Student Experience Manager, you will coordinate and lead a team to develop and deliver a comprehensive programme of support to ensure equity of access, inclusion and success for people living with disability at Wintec.
About the role
As Disability Coordinator, you will work closely with students, advisors, tutors and general staff to maximise Wintec’s ability to support impaired students from diverse backgrounds and perspectives towards successful course completion. You will show initiative, make decisions, use discretion when it is needed and always apply sound judgement. You will be adaptable and flexible with a commitment to customer service and quality. In addition you will capture your team’s success through provision of end-of-semester reports on programmes of learning and support provided to students.
Are you an ideal candidate?
We are looking for someone who is passionate about organisation-wide initiatives to address barriers to equity for people living with a disability.
- You will work to create a team culture where students are at the center of decision making.
- You will have an understanding of contemporary barriers to equity for people living with disability.
- You will have experience and enjoy working with Māori and Pasifika students and communities. Your approach to work will be systematic and well organised but will also see you flex up and adapt to changes in workflow or priorities as required.
- You will have highly developed communication and analytical skills.
- You will have initiative and be able to direct work on your own while also leading projects and getting the best out of those with whom you are working.
A tertiary qualification or comparable experience, strong leadership skills and highly developed communication and analytical skills are essential. Experience in the tertiary sector would be an advantage.
Lead change, shape the world at Wintec – apply now and be a part of something bigger.