Physiotherapy Educator - Expression of Interest
Waikato Institute of Technology, Wintec
Wintec’s Centre for Health and Social Practice is seeking expressions of interest for highly motivated and experienced physiotherapy educators interested in contributing to the delivery of a new Bachelor of Physiotherapy (with Honours) programme within New Zealand. If you value working collaboratively with others in a dynamic environment, and delivering education and research for community benefit, we are keen to hear from you. We envisage as the programmes grows, we will have some exciting opportunities to be a part of an innovative and dynamic academic environment within Aotearoa/New Zealand’s newest physiotherapy programme.
About the centre/programme
· The Centre has a commitment to Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
· Our programmes are underpinned by an experiential approach to learning, which links work, education, and personal and professional development.
· Importance is placed on ensuring our graduates are work-ready and well prepared to gain employment or enhance and extend employment opportunities.
You would be responsible for leading the day-to-day academic delivery including the development of physiotherapy teaching resources, and relevant research programmes. Not only would you keep abreast of the latest information and technology, you'd create valuable opportunities for students and ensure the flexible delivery of the programme across the Midland region of Aotearoa New Zealand.
Are you the ideal candidate?
Our positions require knowledge and experience of physiotherapy education, practice and research. We are seeking expressions of interest from people who are passionate about physiotherapy education and have the following:
· Current Physiotherapy Board of New Zealand registration (or eligibility to register).
· Experience and knowledge across one or a range of areas including musculoskeletal, cardio-respiratory, neurological, rehabilitation, paediatric, as well as primary and public health physiotherapy practice and education is desired.
· Relevant Masters or Doctorate qualification in subject related discipline/s.
· Understanding of culture, identity and learning in New Zealand.
· Significant and recent physiotherapy practice and/or educational experience.
· Knowledge of, or willingness to learn Te Reo Māori would be an advantage
Working at Wintec
Wintec continues to be one of the leading tertiary institutes by keeping up with industry trends and focusing on innovation. You’d be supported to stay industry connected and have generous opportunities to develop your career through the professional development opportunities available to you. Contact the Centre for Health and Social Practice and take the next exciting step in your career. Lead changes shape the world at Wintec – register your interest now!
There will be no closing date for this expression of interest and the advert may be removed without notice - applications will be reviewed as received and you are encouraged to submit your application as soon as possible.