Senior Data Analyst
Health Quality & Safety Commission
Closing Date : 21 Feb 2020
Mental Health and Addiction team
Part-time or full-time - fixed-term until end of January 2021
- Ngākau tuwhera - Open
- Te tāpiri uara - Adding value
- Whakahohe - Energising
- Mō te iwi - It's about people
- Kotahitanga - Together
The Commission is seeking a senior data analyst to lead the qualitative and quantitative analysis of mental health and addiction data for the new mental health and addiction quality improvement programme. The role will also include designing, testing, implementing and promoting indicators and measures to be used to evaluate the programme's impact.
This fixed term role is a full-time or part-time position not less than four days a week, based in Wellington or Auckland.
The person we are seeking will have:
- expert knowledge of New Zealand health data sets and more specifically those used in mental health and addiction
- expertise in data management
- proven statistical and analytical skills
- expertise in the presentation of numeric data for health services
- strong knowledge of indicator/measure development methodologies.
With experience in:
- health services information as analyst, health economist, biostatistician or similar.
- experience using SAS, Stata, Minitab or similar high-power analytic tools
- familiarity with Instant Atlas or other GIS software such as MapInfo
- government structures and processes
- data informing approaches for Maori health gain.
The role will report to the Director of Health Quality Intelligence and work closely with the Mental Health and Addiction team.
The Health Quality & Safety Commission is a stand-alone Crown entity with a board responsible to the Minister of Health. The Commission is responsible for assisting providers across the whole health and disability sector, both private and public, to improve health service safety and quality.
The Commission celebrates inclusion and diversity in all areas of culture and is proud to achieve The Rainbow Tick Certification.
If you wish to discuss this role, you can contact Lisa Clyde on 021 2488 190 and to apply for the role please forward your CV, application form and a covering letter to Lisa Clyde at HR@hqsc.govt.nz
The position description and the application form for the role may be downloaded from our website: http://www.hqsc.govt.nz/about-the-commission/our-people/vacancies
Applications close at 5.00pm on Friday, 21 February 2020.