Case Manager - Napier
Ministry of Social Development
Closing Date : 21 Feb 2020
Job Ref: 32056
The Ministry of Social Development is committed to achieve better outcomes for all New Zealanders. To do this, we have three key shifts that underpin everything we do:
- Mana Manaaki: A positive experience every time
- Kotahitanga: Partnering for greater impact
- Kia Takatu Tatou: Supporting long term social and economic development.
As a Case Manager, every day is busy and demanding but very rewarding as your work will have a meaningful impact on people's lives.
As part of one of our teams, you will work alongside clients to provide support to help improve their lives and enable them to move into employment and other development opportunities.
This role will have a focus on Emergency Housing, but you may be rotated through different workstreams over time.
Your welcoming approach, and excellent communication skills will enable you to establish a rapport and get to know and understand how best to support our clients as you work with them to towards independence.
You’ll bring a high level of personal integrity, initiative, facilitation and relationship management skills to the role. You’ll be comfortable navigating your way around computer systems and enjoy finding solutions to problems. You are curious and like to uncover details, enjoys analysing an issue and using their good judgement to solve a problem.
If you are focused on achievement and can practically help others to set goals and discover their potential, you will enjoy the challenges and team-work within our Service Centres.
You will be well-organised, have good listening skills and an empathic and a non-judgmental approach to serving others.
The Case Manager works towards this by ensuring clients:
- can successfully transition directly into work
- can successfully transition to work readiness, training, work, maintain independence, or otherwise maximise their potential
- receive everything they need across the options of support and assistance we provide
- can easily connect to services, support and opportunities available
What we offer
We will provide you with a positive work environment, where we all support each other to achieve excellent outcomes for our clients. We will also provide great training, support and on-going professional development.
Remuneration for this role is from $47,622.00 to $65,480.00 (Range D). Application along this scale is dependent on relevant skills, experience and other factors.
How to Apply
Please take some time to read over the following position description before applying: http://www.msd.govt.nz/hr/documents/position-descriptions/service-delivery/4.-client-service-delivery/case-manager-nov-2019.docx
- External applicants:Please click the apply now link to submit your current CV and cover letter.
- Current MSD employees:Please apply from a work computer, using your work myHR login. A current CV and cover letter is required.
You will be prompted answer the following questions in the application form:
- Why do you want to be a Case Manager?
- If you were a Case Manager, how do you think you would help people on their journey to employment?
Applications close: 21 February 2020
- Candidates must be a NZ citizen or hold NZ permanent residency at the time of application
- A willingness to travel to fulfil job requirements and a current full New Zealand licence without restrictions
For any further discussion about the role, contact Stephen Brown, email@example.com.