Genesis Youth Trust
Closing Date : 23 Feb 2020
- Unique and innovative organisation; the only one of its kind in New Zealand
- Strategic and operational role, with a strong relationship management focus
- Making a real difference in the community
- Based in Mangere
Genesis Youth Trust exists to reduce the levels of youth offending in some of Auckland’s most affected communities. Operating out of four locations, they offer a wraparound service that enables at-risk youth to proudly transform their lives for themselves, their whānau and community.
In 2017, Genesis was the first New Zealand registered charity to become the recipient of a Social Impact Bond, which has given them security of funding for six years. The Bond provides them with the opportunity to innovate, partner with others in the community, work towards achieving outcomes together, and to provide the best possible interventions for the young people they work with.
The Chief Executive we are seeking will be a strong, inclusive leader who brings a clear, strategic perspective, an innovative approach to organisational growth, and well-honed relationship management skills.
At a practical level, you will instigate, implement and monitor the strategic and annual business plans, assume responsibility and accountability for successful outcomes, and oversee the optimal performance of a multidisciplinary team.
Genesis has a strong multicultural commitment to its work and a kaupapa that values diversity and inclusion. As such, a strong cultural awareness would be valued and an understanding of tikanga and Te Reo Māori would be advantageous.
- Demonstrated success in leading a complex service delivery organisation
- Proven ability to achieve organisational goals at an executive level, with experience in supporting a Board
- Ability to think strategically, articulate and implement Genesis’ vision
- A connector and collaborator with a track record of success in building and maintaining exceptional stakeholder relationships
- Demonstrated financial and people management expertise
- Knowledge and experience of managing successful outcome-based contracts
- Forward thinking, with the ability to identify and capitalise upon opportunities
- A consultative and open style with a ‘no surprises’ approach
- Very highly developed written and oral communication skills
P: 04 499 1069