Public Health Advisor
Hutt Valley District Health Board
Closing Date : 20 Feb 2020
Location: Lower Hutt or Porirua
Contract: Permanent - immediate start
Hours: 40 hours per week - flexible
We have an exciting opportunity for a motivated and skilled person who is passionate about making a difference.
Regional Public Health is seeking someone who strives to make a positive difference to the health and wellbeing of communities across the Greater Wellington region. This will be achieved through working to create supportive environments that make the healthy choice the easy choice. A key aspect of the Public Health Advisor role is using public health approaches with a range of providers and stakeholders.
Addressing and reducing the health inequities that exist in the current environment is a priority for Regional Public Health. We aspire to be leaders in creating healthy communities and we are looking for someone to join us on this journey. Your area of influence will be in nutrition
This role requires you to:
- Have a Bachelor’s degree and/or a relevant public health qualification
- Be working at varying levels with a wide range of stakeholders including community
- Have knowledge of training and facilitation of health promotion programmes.
- Have an understanding of the obligations of the Crown to uphold the Treaty of Waitangi
- Have an understanding and working knowledge of the social determinants of health
- Be a team player
- Have a high level of computer literacy
- Confident and competent presenter
- Social media savvy
- Be an excellent communicator.
Improving the health and wellbeing of Māori, Pacific whānau and communities are key priorities for Regional Public Health.If you have experience working with these communities we want to hear from you.
This is a permanent position (40 hours per week) where you will be expected to work from Lower Hutt or Porirua. Please note you must have permanent residency or a valid long term working visa to be considered for this position.
When applying for this role please include a cover letter and a CV that showcases:
- Career highlights and what has led you to this role?
- How you will add value to our organisation?
- Your skills, experience and suitability for the role as outlined above
HOW TO APPLY
Please complete an online HVDHB application form by clicking the 'Apply Now' button and entering 9112839-20 in the Job Number/Title search box. You can also apply now and see a copy of the job description through our careers website: www.healthyjobs.co.nz. Please note: We are unable to accept applications via email.
For further information on this role, please email email@example.com and indicate the vacancy number 9112839-20 and job title in the subject line.