Registered Nurse - Cardiac & Stroke Rehabilitation
Te Kohao Health
Location : Hamilton, Waikato
Tired of working shifts with an overwhelming patient load?
Do you have an awareness of Tikanga Maori, understanding of Te Reo maori and an active understanding of the Treaty of Waitangi?
Please read on......
Te Kohao is a charitable company and was established in 1994 on site at the Kirikiriroa Marae and provides low-cost health care to low-income whanau/families. Our services range across the public sector including health, disability, social, justice and education to a registered population of 8,000 throughout the Waikato region.
Reporting through to the Team Leader and Managing Director, we are seeking applications for an experienced & registered Cardiac & Stroke Rehabilitation Nurse. Providing healthcare to all Cardiac & Stroke Rehabilitation patients, while also being actively involved in health promotion through education to the whanau/families of the patients.
- Provide health care to all Cardiac & Stroke Rehabilitation patients
- Provide health education to all patients
- Work effectively as a member of the Te Kohao Health team
- Participate in ongoing personal development
To be successful in the role:
- Must be a Registered nurse, with a current practicing certificate
- 2 years experience working in a relevant social service area
- Have an awareness of Tikanga Maori, and an active understanding of the Treaty of Waitangi
- An understanding of Te Reo
- A holistc approach to health and wellbeing for Maori
- Experience in residential support / care environment
- Experience in community nursing with chronic disease management (preferred)
- Experience of working towards an environment that promotes consumer involvement and healthy lifestyles
- Ability to work without supervision & confidence
- Demonstrate effective written, verbal, computer and technological communication skills.
- Cultural Awareness and ability to action for Maori
- MUST have current clean driver's license
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable
- Have excellent planning and organisation skills, be adaptable, problem solve and resolve conflict
We can offer you:
- Ongoing opportunities to develop/extend your existing skills
- A supportive comprehensive orientation program
- Encouragement of individual professional development.
Here is a great opportunity to work in a progressive and dynamic environment, which values and supports its team members and their contributions.
If you are looking for a new challenge in 2020, have a passion for helping the community and also enjoy working with whanau, then we would like to talk to you..
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Please click this link for further information.