Group Head Strategic Relationships
Te Rūnanga o Ngāi Tahu
Closing Date : 26 Jan 2020
Permanent / Full Time
Kia hiwa rā!
We are seeking a senior executive to lead strategic relationship development activities across Te Rūnanga o Ngāi Tahu group.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer and being a member of the executive leadership team, the newly created role of Group Head Strategic Relationships has been established to maintain the connection for strategic workstreams across the Office of Te Rūnanga o Ngāi Tahu and Ngāi Tahu Holdings commercial entities. The position has three direct reports: GM Strategy & Influence, GM Communications & Engagement, and Executive Manager Governance Services.
The Group Head Strategic Relationships will contribute to ensuring strategic priorities of the iwi and its businesses are met. This includes being a key liaison point for many critical stakeholder relationships, identifying strategic issues and opportunities for the Group, and having oversight of political engagement.
You will need to be able to build strong, trusted relationships with internal and external stakeholders that will enhance the group's strategic outcomes, including with political stakeholders, local and central government, other iwi and commercial partners. Existing strategic relationships, knowledge of the iwi and/or experience working in a Māori organisation or political environment would be hugely advantageous.
We are looking for a talented and driven individual with:
- 10+ years' experience in a similar role or environment that encompasses strategic stakeholder engagement and political advisory experience, including at an executive leadership level.
- Strong understanding of New Zealand political, government and iwi environment. Existing relationships across government and iwi would be advantageous.
- Proven ability to analyse complex, politically sensitive information and formulate measured responses.
- Project management expertise at a senior level.
- Familiarity with the treaty of Waitangi and its application to the work of Te Rūnanga o Ngāi Tahu
- Demonstrated ability to work with Ngāi Tahu whānau, hapū and iwi
- A strong affinity with Ngāi Tahu values and aspirations.
- Strong awareness of and affinity for the needs and aspirations of Ngāi Tahu whānau.
To apply please follow the link and apply online. For confidential enquiries, please contact
Rebecca McQueen 021 197 1683.
Nau mai, haere mai, tauti mai!
Reference # 15863