Case Manager, Senior Services - Hastings - Permanent
Ministry of Social Development
Closing Date : 24 Jan 2020
Job Req: 31673
Permanent, full time
The Ministry of Social Development is committed to achieve better outcomes for all New Zealanders. To do this, we have three key shifts that underpin everything we do:
Mana Manaaki: A positive experience every time
Kotahitanga: Partnering for greater impact
Kia Takatu Tatou: Supporting long term social and economic development.
As a Case Manager, every day is busy and demanding but very rewarding as your work will have a meaningful impact on people's lives. Our Senior Services Case Managers connect people with information and services needed to live an independent and healthy life.
As a Case Manager in the Senior’s Team your role will be to engage with and work alongside clients through their retirement journey or to support non-qualified partners with work search. You will ensure that your clients are receiving their full and correct entitlements and that they have access to emergency grants and support when required. A broad knowledge of financial assessments and overseas pensions is essential. You’ll bring a high level of personal integrity, initiative and relationship management skills to the role.
To do well in this role you will have:
- excellent understanding of the products and services of the Ministry of Social Development
- the ability to engage and quickly build rapport with people from varied and diverse backgrounds
- proven work performance and a strong commitment to achieving results
- strong relationship and conflict resolution skills.
You will work well under pressure and have excellent time management skills and enjoy being part of a busy team. Every day is busy, challenging and equally rewarding as this role provides an opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of a wide range of people from diverse backgrounds.
What we offer
- salary from $47,622 to $65,480 per annum (Range D). Application along this band is dependent on relevant skills and evidenced work experience.
- supportive team environment
- induction and training
- on-going coaching and development.
How to Apply
Please take some time to read over the following position description before applying: http://www.msd.govt.nz/hr/documents/position-descriptions/service-delivery/4.-client-service-delivery/case-manager-nov-2019.docx
External applicants: Please click the apply now link to submit your current CV and cover letter.
Current MSD employees: Please apply from a work computer, using your work myHR login. A current CV and cover letter is required.
You will be prompted answer the following questions in the application form:
- Why do you want to be a Senior's Case Manager?
- Describe a time you provided exceptional customer service and why it was important to do so?
Applications close: Friday, 24 January 2020.
- Candidates must be a NZ citizen or hold NZ permanent residency at the time of application
- A willingness to travel to fulfil job requirements and a current full New Zealand licence without restrictions
For any further discussion about the role, contact Carla Ferguson, firstname.lastname@example.org