Team Leader Gisborne
Accident Compensation Corporation, ACC
Closing Date : 08 Dec 2019
Fixed-term - February 2021
- Strong people leadership and team collaboration
- Customer service environment providing positive outcomes to our clients
- Understanding of the disability, social and/or health sectors
As a passionate Team Leader, you will be keen to step-up into a role where you lead by example providing clients with great outcomes through pragmatic research, insightful ideas and great team work.
ACC's vision is to create a unique partnership with every New Zealander, improving their quality of life by minimising the incidence and impact of injury. ACC is shifting the ways we work with our clients to deliver meaningful support and guidance to over two million people recovering from accident or injury each year.
As a Team Leader in ACC you will ensure your team are confident in delivery great service to our clients - you will do this by providing support and targeted training. The key focus will be to keep your team engaged, motivated and working effectively in order to meet client expectations, part of this is developing capability and aligning this with resource planning - making sure you have the right people in the right place, at the right time. Leading from the front, you will have strong work ethic combined with a clear understanding of the approach for preventing injuries and working with the tools we need to deliver and monitor injury prevention outcomes.
What we are looking for from you to be successful in this role:
- Great and effective planning skills - lots of moving parts to be managed so keeping your finger on the pulse
- A leader with at least one year's leadership experience who enjoys sharing knowledge, thrives in training and growing a team
- Organised and planned - providing clear directions and goals to the team
- Experience leading a team through change and ensuring transparent employee engagement
- Background/experience working in the disability sector, social services or health environment
- Great initiative, self-motivated and someone who is bright and enthusiastic with exceptional interpersonal and customer service skills
- Experience in stakeholder engagement and relationship management
At ACC, we have wonderful career pathways, we can share with you what your ACC career might look like as you grow and develop your skills - we can give you visibility of various opportunities available and will provide you with the tools and support to get to 'outstanding' in this leadership role.
The indicative salary sits between $78,468 and $92,315 but this is dependent on your skills and experience. Additional to the base salary we also provide ACC's 9% superannuation contribution. The hours are 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday between the hours of 8.00am and 6.00pm.
At ACC, we recognise that diversity, inclusion and accessibility is important to our business. ACC's Māori Strategy Whāia Te Tika provides the foundation for delivering better outcomes in a kaupapa Māori, culturally appropriate and responsive way for current and future Māori and diverse employees. ACC holds itself to a philosophy of Tika enabling us to create an environment of involvement, respect and connection with the communities where we work - benefitting individual employees and all our clients across New Zealand.
Applications will close Sunday, 8 December 2019.
Interviews will be held Thursday, 12 December 2019.
Applications will only be accepted when formally submitted through our ACC Career Website.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Vicki.firstname.lastname@example.org