Education and Training Coordinator
ANZCA (Australian & New Zealand College of Anaesthetists)
Closing Date : 20 Dec 2019
- Permanent full time position – 35 hours a week
- Bring your strong organisational skills and eye for detail to this key administrative role providing administrative support for exams, training, hospital inspections, committee meetings and courses
- Leading membership based specialist medical college
- High performing, professional and supportive team environment
- Travel around Aotearoa/ New Zealand and Australia
The Australian and New Zealand College of Anaesthetists (ANZCA) is the professional medical body in Australia and New Zealand responsible for the training, examinations, specialist qualification and continuing professional development of all anaesthetists in Australia and New Zealand.
About your new role:
The New Zealand National Office based in Wellington has a vacancy for a Training and Education Coordinator.
This is a rewarding career opportunity to take ownership for:
- Providing coordination and administrative support for training and examinations for ANZCA, the Faculty of Pain Medicine and the College of Intensive Care Medicine.
- Supporting Training Accreditation Committee hospital inspections and visits.
- Administering the New Zealand Trainee Committee, including coordination for meetings and the Part Zero courses.
You will collaborate with the Training and Assessments unit based in our ANZCA office in Melbourne and join a small and lively New Zealand National Office.
As an experienced administration professional, you will bring to this role strong initiative and a proactive approach including the ability to maintain your composure and exercise appropriate judgment to problem solve effectively.
In addition you must demonstrate:
- Sound experience in an administrative role in a professional environment that has included:
a) experience supporting professional examinations, meetings and/or events
b) experience supporting professional committees including taking minutes
c) a working knowledge of committee operating policies and protocols.
- Sound planning & organizing, time management and logistics management skills
- Meticulous attention to detail, excellent written communication and well developed interpersonal skills
Knowledge of the New Zealand health system and a working knowledge of te reo me ōna tikanga, Māori language and protocols is desirable. This role requires some weekend and evening work balanced out with time off in lieu.
What we can offer you:
· A rewarding career opportunity to showcase and expand your administration experience in a diverse and stimulating role
· A culture that invests in the professional development of our people
· Excellent staff benefits – additional leave over the Christmas period, EAP, Health and Wellbeing offerings, staff recognition program, member advantage program with access to discounted lifestyle benefits and leisure activities
Your next steps:
Applications close: 5pm on Friday 20 December 2019.
For more information on ANZCA, visit www.anzca.edu.au