Closing Date : 16 Dec 2019
Job Ref: 31220
Do you have passion for rangatahi, a drive to support them to succeed and a desire to help them understand themselves and their identity?
About the role:
Our Engaging Challenging Youth Team (ECY) at Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children, Grey Lynn is looking for a skilled, motivated, resilient and highly creative Youth Worker to work with rangatahi and their whānau to help them reach their goals. We need dynamic people who want to make a real difference in the community.
This position is a 12 month fixed term position (40 hours per week) and requires you to have relevant background experience working with young people, an established network in the community and proven ability to engage with whānau. The capacity to understand and operate in Te Ao Māori is highly desired for this role.
Examples of what you will be doing:
- Setting up and facilitating hui’s
- Supporting rangatahi to develop connection with their whānau, hapu and iwi
- Developing plans with rangatahi to positively engage or return to education
- Engaging and supporting rangatahi in whānau and pro-social activities
- Making and coordinating appointments for rangatahi
- Helping rangatahi to develop independence skills such as shopping, budgeting and cooking
- Recording and other administrative tasks associated with the role
These are just examples; a lot will depend on the special skills you bring to the team and how these can contribute to better outcomes for rangatahi.
- A salary between $44,156 – $64,768 (effective from 2nd of December) commensurate with skills and experience
- A challenging, fascinating and rewarding position within a team committed to the highest standards of work
- On-going training and supervision
If you think you have what it takes and are dedicated to achieving positive change for tamariki and rangatahi and their whānau in the community, then we want to hear from you.
How to apply:
Please apply here and upload your CV and cover. Please note all applications must be made online. It is important your Cover Letter highlights your relevant experiences and skills that are outlined in the below position description.
Internal Employees – please apply through your myHR portal at work. For further information about this role, please contact Andrew Howard at firstname.lastname@example.org
Join our Engaging all New Zealanders team: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yv6hzEi4goA
Applications close 16th December 2019