Project Coordinator- Auckland
Closing Date : 12 Dec 2019
Location: Auckland, NZ
Company: Ministry of Social Development
Project Coordinator - Auckland
12-month fixed term contract | Located: Otahuhu
Our Change Programme Management Office is looking for a coordinator to work across our Intensive Interventions programme on a 12-month fixed term, based in Otahuhu.
The focus for Intensive Interventions within Oranga Tamariki is to support whānau and families to keep their tamariki safe and flourishing at home. The Project Coordinator will work closely with other local site-based Project Teams, the Site Manager, Project Managers, Iwi and the Programme Team at National Office and will be responsible for providing project, logistical, administrative and general coordination support in the design, development and implementation of Intensive Interventions.
As a Project Coordinator you will work with the Change Programme Management Office (CPMO) to help us build and improve our service as an enabler of change within Oranga Tamariki. Working with the CPMO, you will be responsible for:
- Preparing portfolio, programme and project reports, presentations and agendas
- Help build and continuously improve our project practices
- Manage project plans and ensure tasks and milestones are being achieved in a timely manner
- Organise project meetings including Steering Group, Advisory Groups
- Identify and manage risks
- Build trusting relationships across the organisation
To be considered for the role, you must have had at least 2-3 years proven coordination experience supporting large change projects and/or a PMO as well as the following:
- Advanced skills in MS Project or similar software, along with MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Visio
- Proven experience maintaining project plans, reports and budgets
- Excellent time management and communication skills
- A flexible working style and the ability to adapt to change
- Strong relationship building skills
- Understanding and appreciation of cross-cultural issues and concerns, in particular, knowledge of tikanga Maori, and Pacific peoples’ culture
- Confidence in tikanga Māori is preferred but not essential.
Oranga Tamariki – Ministry for Children is the Ministry that supports children and young people in New Zealand. Oranga Tamariki works to advance the wellbeing and positive long-term outcomes of children and young people. In everything we do, the wellbeing and best-interests of children are paramount. The voices of children and young people underpin the design and operation of our services.
If you are motivated by working for a Ministry where our core values and behaviours underpin the way we work and where the heart of our value proposition is putting tamariki first, then this will be the role for you.
Apply online with your CV, cover letter and any other relevant documentation. If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee already, please apply through your myHR portal. This will ensure your application is received internally.
Applications close: 12 December 2019.
To review the position description, please see link below.