Social Workers, Care Services - Oranga Tamariki, Auckland Region
Job Ref: 31150
Auckland South, Northwest and Central Auckland
In order to make positive changes in the lives of children and families in our community, we need people like you who have knowledge, experience and are passionate about the wellbeing of children. Join a team with big hearts and a passion for getting things right for its children, young people and community. You can be part of a positive and supportive team and help children and young people be safe, strong and thrive.
What you will do?
In this fast-paced role, you will work with other social services, agencies and providers to ensure the needs of the child or young person and their family are fully met. If you think you have what it takes, and are dedicated to achieving positive change for children, young people and their families in the community, then we want to hear from you.
What you will bring?
- Full registration with New Zealand's Social Work Registration Board (SWRB) or able to register)
- A social worker qualification recognised by the SWRB
- A full, clean, current driver's licence
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated resilience, problem solving techniques and flexibility
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Strong PC and Microsoft Office Suite skills with excellent report writing skills
What's on offer?
- Salary range is between $54,746 and $91,606 (as of the 2nd December, this will increase to $60,000 - $100,000)
- A challenging, fascinating and gratifying career
- On-going training and regular supervision
- A cohesive and supportive team environment
- Commitment to the highest standards of strengths-based social work
- Discounts on Southern Cross Health insurance
- Access to a government banking package with Westpac – special offers and rates
Who are we?
At Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children, we are passionate about caring for children and supporting families. Our goal is to establish a multiagency approach to protecting and caring for New Zealand’s most risk children and young people.
How to apply?
Apply online with your CV, cover letter, copy of your social worker qualification and SWRB details. If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee already, please apply through your myHR portal. If you are applying from overseas, you will be required to provide a copy of your IELTS certificate. If you have any questions about the role, please contact Hayley Palmer on firstname.lastname@example.org