Part Time Fixed Term Laboratory Technician
Rotorua Lakes District Council
Closing Date : 09 Dec 2019
Rotorua Lakes Council is seeking candidates for a fixed term part time (16 hours per week) Laboratory Technician position to join the Environmental Laboratory team, which is IANZ accredited, and is located at the Rotorua Wastewater Treatment Plant. This position is to cover for maternity leave.
The position will involve sample collection and chemical and microbiological analysis of potable, ground, surface, and waste waters.
The successful candidate will have:
• A background in laboratory work,
• Physical ability to carrying out sample collection
• Highly self-motivated, highly organised, and a great work ethic
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Proficient with instrumentation and software
• Hold a full driver’s licence
• Flexibility in times and days worked.
Te Kaunihera o nga Roto o Rotorua (Rotorua Lakes Council) is committed to working in partnership with
Te Arawa, our local iwi. We aspire to be a bicultural organisation and we value staff who speak te reo Maori, have an appreciation of Maori values, and a working knowledge of tikanga Maori.
Click here to apply online.
Applications close Monday 9 December 2019