Application Development Manager
Potentia Great People
Why you would like it:
- A great opportunity to step into a formal leadership role and continue to grow
- Work on impactful products that ultimately serve the community
- Supportive environment with a continuous improvement culture
- Excellent salary + benefits package | CBD location
The NZ Super Fund is an important institution for all New Zealanders, so there is an accompanying expectation of outstanding service. The NZ Super Fund has won global accolades for being recognised as one of the most innovative sovereign wealth funds globally. They focus on high calibre professionals who care about their work, and in exchange provide a dynamic and forward-thinking environment for their staff to grow professionally. Known as one of the best places to work in the wider New Zealand market, this organisation has a truly collaborative culture, celebrates diversity and this ethos is driven from all levels of the organisation.
This year, a new structure was introduced to the Application Development team to support scalability, while upholding the quality bar. The Head of Application Development is looking to appoint three new Manager roles into this environment to manage the three separate Development teams. These three teams work closely together on a shared backlog, in well-planned sprint cycles.
Each Manager role will remain ⅔ hands on, and ⅓ focused on people management / leadership. To be successful in the ⅔ component of your role, your hands-on technical experience must be in either Full-Stack Development, Test Engineering or Technical Business Analysis.
This is a great opportunity to develop your leadership toolkit in a supportive environment. You will be given all the right resources, accountability and mentorship to continue to grow as a people leader. At the same time, this role will give you the opportunity to help to solve business and technical problems, keeping yourself engaged and technically up-to-date. You will be delivering cloud native software solutions that empower investment decision making at a scale unrivalled in the New Zealand market.
- Database: T-SQL, SSIS (ideal but not essential)
- Back-end: C#, .NET (.NET Core ideally)
- Front-end: ReactJS (If you are more familiar with other modern JS frameworks, that’s ok!)
- The unit testing approach is being taken
- Modern manual and automated testing frameworks are being used, including: Selenium, Postman and Specflow
- You will be a leader, either through your natural ability or experience to date
- This role will suit self-starters, who have the instinct and accountability to drive outcomes to deadlines
- You will have the courage to point out and learn from failures
- We are looking for leaders who show a high level of emotional intelligence and care for others
- You will have a current Senior Dev, Senior QA or Senior BA skillset that relates to the technical environment detailed above
- Capital Markets domain knowledge is a huge advantage
If you are looking to take the next step into formal leadership or have discovered you enjoy the balance of leadership and hands-on delivery, then this role will be a great fit for you. You will be working in an impactful domain with an organisation that is anchored in purpose.
The Guardians, the Crown Entity charged with managing the NZ Super Fund, is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its hiring practices. To build a strong and talented workforce, the Guardians is actively building an inclusive workplace and encourages expressions of interest from a diverse applicant pool, including applicants interested in discussing flexible work options. Further information about the Guardians and NZ Super Fund is available on www.nzsuperfund.nz.
To be considered for this opportunity, please send your CV to us by clicking "APPLY NOW”, or if you prefer to discuss aspects of the role first, please feel to reach out to Sam Nowell on 09 550 8558 or via LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/in/snowell/.