Kaiwhakahaere Whakapā (Communications Manager)
Maungaharuru-Tangitū Trust (MTT)
Closing Date : 09 Dec 2019
Maungaharuru-Tangitū Trust (MTT) represents hapū of the northern Hawke’s Bay region including Ngāi Tauira, Ngāi Tahu, Ngāi Te Ruruku ki Tangoio, Ngāti Whakaari, Ngāti Kurumōkihi and Ngāti Marangatūhetaua (Hapū). MTT is a Treaty of Waitangi Post Settlement Governance Entity (PSGE) and the primary purpose is to receive, hold, manage and administer the assets of the trust for any object or purpose that is beneficial to the members of the Hapū.
Reporting to the Kaiwhakahaere Tari (Office Manager), the Kaiwhakahaere Whakapā (Communications &Manager) is primarily responsible for supporting and coordinating the delivery of targeted communications and professional marketing materials as required by the Trust to achieve its strategic and annual plans. This includes the development of a communication strategy and implementation of a communication plan, which includes, but not limited to MTT documentation, social media, website, pānui, annual report, media releases, branding, public relations, and advice on communication strategies. It is a role of coordination across all the communications functions, so you will need to be an independent strategic thinker who is not afraid to share your ideas in a supportive, open work environment.
This relates to a very focus area of the Trust: He Waka Kairangatira (MTT – A great organisation).
To be successful in this role you will need to have:
- Tertiary qualification in communications, media, marketing or a related field is preferred;
- Previous track record and experience in a similar communications type position;
- Great interpersonal skills with a commitment to customer service and ability to work with a wide range of people within and outside the organisation;
- Excellent web and social media literacy and understanding of modern digital communication;
- Advanced competency in Microsoft Office and Marketing/Communication software;
- Photography/Videography skills, knowledge and/or networks;
- Graphic Art Design skills, knowledge and/or networks;
- Ability to learning new technologies and to share that knowledge with others;
- A high level of professionalism with strong interpersonal skills;
- Attention to detail with exceptional written and oral communications skills;
- Effective time management and the ability to work independently;
- Experience with Event Coordination and project management;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively under pressure and an ability to cope with change;
- Understanding the need for and ability to exercise discretion, good judgement and sensitivity within the organisation; and
- Previous experience working within a Māori organisation and knowledge of and/or fluency in Te Reo Māori;
- Some familiarity with the takiwā, Tangoio Marae, hapū and iwi
The role is based in Napier, where some evening and weekend work will be required. Applicants must have verifiable work rights and eligibility to work in New Zealand.
Applications close: 12:00pm, Monday 9th December 2019. For more detailed information and to apply, please ring Michelle de Beer on 021 798882 or for a position description please access our website www.tangoio.maori.nz/panui/.
Applications, accompanied by a cover letter & current CV, are to be emailed to ShauniC@svs.co.nz