District Licensing Committee – members and chairs
Closing Date : 08 Dec 2019
Auckland Council is seeking candidates for Chair and Member positions on the Auckland District Licensing Committee for the next term, 1 July 2020 – 30 June 2023.
The District Licensing Committee (DLC) is responsible for determining all alcohol licenses and managers’ certificates in Auckland including new and renewal applications. We are looking for applicants who can demonstrate some, or all, of the following:
- a working knowledge of hearings and how New Zealand legislation works
- knowledge of the Sale and Supply of Alcohol Act 2012
- highly-developed listening and questioning skills
- understanding of alcohol-related harm and how it affects Auckland’s communities
- council’s obligations under Te Tiriti o Waitangi and an understanding of Te Ao Māori
- expertise in verbal and written communication, and facilitating groups
- understanding of licensing or regulatory processes
- leadership and active interest in your community
Applications close on Sunday, 8 December 2019.
For more information, see the council website www.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz/careers