Closing Date : 11 Dec 2019
Office of the Provost
Wellington, Auckland or Palmerston North
Massey University's newly established Office of Pasifika Student Success goal is to raise awareness of Pasifika@Massey within Massey University and the wider community through engagement, advocacy and support of initiatives that aim to help Pasifika students succeed and fulfil their aspirations.
Applications are invited for the role of Dean to lead in the creation of this newly established portfolio.
We're looking for a leader with strong connections to the Pacific community; someone who has an in-depth understanding and appreciation of Pacific cultures and is comfortable engaging at a Senior Academic and Ministerial level. You're approachable; someone that students and their families can easily connect with. You're by nature a pro-active person; you have good ideas and can successfully implement them.
Your experience and qualifications will include the following:
- A record of successful experience in and leadership of strategic projects, especially with regard to promoting and supporting Pasifika student success in a tertiary education context, and the effective implementation of these projects
- Wide range of engagement within Pasifika communities and the ability to identify and foster strong relationships
- Strong communication and interpersonal attributes with the ability to align multiple stakeholders to achieve a common goal
- Demonstrated understanding of the broader New Zealand and international tertiary environment, and the connections required to further Pasifika student success
- High level of business management acumen with proven experience in effectively managing budgets
Reporting directly to the Provost, this new leadership role will advance the University's current strategic efforts to lift and accelerate Pasifika academic and research success at Massey University.
With the flexibility of being located on either our Auckland, Wellington or Palmerston North campuses, you will assume a 'whole of University' approach and will be managing teams at each of these three locations.
At Massey University, we embrace diversity, talent and performance, and provide staff and students with an extensive range of opportunities to develop intellectually, professionally and personally. If you are driven to enable Pasifika student success and have proven leadership delivering change in a tertiary education context, we want to hear from you.
Closing date: 11 December 2019
Reference number: OP_OPSS_616_11/19
For further information and to apply online, visit: http://masseyunicareers.nga.net.nz