Project Leader Community Engagement (Fixed Term - 12 months)
Closing Date : 22 Nov 2019
About the role
This is a fixed term – 12 months, role where you will focus on partnerships and community engagement within the Enrolment and Community Engagement team.
- Contributing to the design and build of a partnership framework
- Contributing to the wider community engagement strategy
- Leading the selection and coordination of partners to influence priority groups, Māori, Pacific, Culturally and linguistically diverse and Youth communities
- Identifying support services and resources required to deliver partnership initiatives
- Supporting the Senior Project Manager Community Engagement to deliver other partnership events leading up to the General Election specific events
To be successful in this role you will need to:
- Have knowledge and awareness of New Zealand’s diverse culture
- Have a strong planning, analysis and relationship management skills, supported by solid decision-making
- Be an excellent communicator, with the ability to build and maintain excellent internal and external relationships
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Have strong organisational skills
- Have a sound working knowledge of MS systems and strong keyboard skills
- Have the ability to work independently and to show guided initiative
- Have a high level of flexibility and ability to multi-task
About the Electoral Commission | Te Kaitiaki Take Kōwhiri
The Electoral Commission wants every New Zealander to trust, value and take part in parliamentary elections.
We are an independent Crown Entity who works with and through communities to inform, engage and educate New Zealanders about the value of participation, make it easy for them to enrol and vote, promote understanding of New Zealand’s democratic processes, and deliver parliamentary elections and referenda.
Why join the Electoral Commission:
The Commission is building an inclusive strength focused culture where diversity is encouraged and valued. We understand how important family is; therefore, we support a family-friendly atmosphere. You will join a team who are here for the right reasons, and we are passionate about what we do.
Applications close at 5pm, Friday 22 November 2019.