Kaitohu Tuakana - Senior Business Partner, Communications Accounts
Ministry of Education
Closing Date : 20 Nov 2019
- Permanent, full-time role
Kia ora, Bula Vinaka, Fakaalofa lahi atu, Fakatalofa atu, Kia orana, Malo e lelei, Malo ni, Talofa lava, Tena koutou katoa and welcome.
Help shape the future of education
At the Ministry of Education, we work together to shape an education system that delivers equitable and excellent outcomes.
Our organisation is made up of more than 3,000 talented and committed people around New Zealand, from a wide range of backgrounds and cultures.
While we work in different groups and on different things, we all strive every day to make the biggest difference we can for every child, young person and adult student in our education system.
The communications team is critical to the Ministry. We lead communications and engagement around the biggest changes to New Zealand education in decades. We are responsible for ensuring that we listen and respond to the views of the tens of thousands of New Zealanders who are contributing to these changes through the Kōrero Mātauranga - Education Conversation.
We lead all engagement with the media, and manage all the Ministry's internal and external communications channels, publications, branding and communications design. This is an exciting, fast paced and dynamic working environment and we have a great team focused on putting ākonga/students at the centre of all we do.
About this role
This role of Kaitohu Tuakana - Senior Business Partner, Communications Accounts provides account management, integrated communications services and trusted expertise to business groups, supporting them to provide excellent and equitable outcomes to New Zealanders.
Our work is exciting, interesting, and worthwhile.
Key accountabilities of the position include the following:
- Acting as a trusted advisor, business partner and influencer to business group leaders to ensure communication strategies are effective and risks and opportunities are well managed
- Ensuring media response is timely and coordinated across the business, proactively shaping the perception of the Ministry in the public arena. This may include some out of hours work, which would be negotiated and agreed
- Providing integrated communications expertise and account management services to customers to enable the business to meet business and Ministry objectives
- Supporting the smooth operation of the account management operating model, demonstrating a consistent business partnership approach and embedding new roles and ways of working across the business
- Identifying opportunities for the Ministry to enhance its reputation with Ministers, stakeholders and the public, including leading a proactive approach to good news stories
- Working in partnership with Māori to incorporate Te Tiriti o Waitangi partnership principles into Ministry communications, strategies and channels, with a specific focus on Ministry and business group priorities
- Supporting an innovation and continuous improvement focus across the team.
We are looking for a Senior Business Partner with experience in leading with influence, and strong relationship management and communications skills - both strategically and in delivery. You will be able to work positively across the Ministry and the Communications group, with a purposeful and innovative approach. You will bring a knowledgeable, calm, positive and proactive approach to stakeholder engagement.
You will also offer:
- experience working in a communications role in a large and complex organisation
- experience in a range of communications roles
- the ability to understand and apply the principles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi and tangatawhenuatanga.
Are you ready to make a difference?
We welcome candidates from diverse backgrounds, including Māori, Pacific and those with disabilities, who will enrich our understanding of the education system.
As a government agency, the Ministry is committed to keeping to the Treaty of Waitangi's guiding principles in our work for and with Māori students, their whānau, hapū and iwi.
Please review the position description by copy and pasting this link into your browser: https://expressonline.haineslink.co.nz/pdfs/641963_JobDesc.pdf
If this opportunity sounds like you, please apply now using the 'apply online' button.
For further information, please contact Janet Bache at firstname.lastname@example.org or +64 4 4637689.
Applications close on Wednesday, 20 November 2019.