Kairaranga ā-Whānau - Canterbury Region
Closing Date : 15 Nov 2019
Job Ref: 30741
Oranga Tamariki, Ministry for Children is committed to putting children and young people at the heart of everything we do and say. We value the wellbeing of tamariki and rangatahi above all else. We want to ensure that all children and young people are in loving whānau and communities.
We have a number of permanent opportunities for a Kairaranga ā-Whānau to join our teams based in the Canterbury region.
What you will do?
- Support tamariki and rangatahi to be well connected to their whānau
- Support social workers and co-ordinators to identify whānau, hapu and iwi relationships for tamariki and whānau
- Organise and facilitate hui-a-whānau, especially prior to Family Group Conferences
- Assist tamariki, rangatahi and whānau to be well prepared to participate in all whānau decision making processes
- Where appropriate, support whānau to identify those within the whānau who may be able to offer care to tamariki and rangatahi
- Support cultural capability building within the site, in partnership with site manager and practice leaders
- Develop and maintain relationships with tangata whenua and key members of other cultural groups.
What you will bring?
- Good understanding and knowledge of te reo me ona tikanga
- Experience in working with people from diverse cultural backgrounds, in particular Māori and Pacifica
- Experience in working with whānau, hapū, iwi and other cultural groups, to gather knowledge of whakapapa
- Established relationships and networks with local Iwi, Marae and community
- The ability to communicate complex ideas to a variety of audiences and build and maintain rapport with others.
- The ability to apply the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi and the Oranga Tamariki Act 1989
- Excellent computer, verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- A current, full, clean driver licence.
How to apply:
Please apply through the apply button and upload your CV and cover letter to our applicant tracking system. Internal Oranga Tamariki employees – please apply through your myHR portal at work.
If you have any queries, please contact the Recruitment team at HR_Recruit@ot.govt.nz
Applications close: Friday 15th November, 2019