Director Sector Investment
Ministry for Primary Industries
Closing Date : 20 Nov 2019
- Newly established tier 3 opportunity
- Influence at sectoral level and across the Te Uru Rākau leadership table
- Unique role optimising investment in our growing and evolving forestry sector
Influential position working across sectors to attract investment in value added processing.
Forestry is one of our country’s most successful primary industries. Te Uru Rākau a branch within the Ministry for Primary Industries, builds on this success to create a sustainable and innovative forestry sector that continues to grow and adapt. Join our dynamic and diverse Te Uru Rākau team who all share the common goal of improving the social, environmental and economic outcomes for New Zealand.
As our Director Sector Investment you will have direct impact on national economic development and the unique opportunity to enable investors to play a part in growing New Zealand’s economy and influence the sustainable, low carbon future we are all striving to achieve. Connecting across the forestry, wood processing and investment sectors you will create opportunities to attract investment in value added processing in New Zealand. You will contribute to the organisational leadership of Te Uru Rākau and assume the role of investment expert to deliver key sector investment insight.
You will partner with Government, Chief Executives and Investors to unlock investment and work to understand the barriers, identify gaps in available information and commission work to support forestry sector processing investment and regional and national infrastructure needs. Through these partnerships you will develop sector investment proposals and leverage science and technology to maximise innovation and investment opportunities in the forestry sector.
To be successful in this role, you will offer:
- Relevant experience consulting with and managing strategic relationships with stakeholders
- Significant experience at the senior management level in a commercial setting
- Proven strategic leadership experience and capability including the delivery of long term goals
- An in-depth understanding of the primary sector and its contribution to the New Zealand economy.
- Previous experience with Investments at a domestic or international level
- Strong financial management skills and understanding of Government’s financial management process
- Knowledge and understanding of Treaty Principles and the Crown’s obligation to Māori
Ensuring that the investment direction and enabling initiatives are in line with government direction for Forestry and wider investment to grow New Zealand economy is no mean feat. Bring your mix of unique skills to lead the way as we realise the potential of sector investment for economic growth.
Please note there will be travel associated with this role.
To view the position description and/or apply for the role (submitting a cover letter and current curriculum vitae), please click “APPLY NOW” in order to be directed to our website. For tracking and reporting purposes, all applications must be submitted through our online careers portal.
For a confidential discussion, please contact Haidee Wynands, Recruitment Adviser, on Haidee.Wynands@mpi.govt.nz.
Applications close 20 November 2019