Te Kōhanga Reo o Ngā Mokopuna
HE TŪRANGA WĀTEA – JOB VACANCY
E kimi ana te whānau o Te Kōhanga Reo o Ngā Mokopuna i tētahi kaimahi
Ko ngā mātāpono o te kaupapa o Te Kōhanga Reo te tāhūhū mō tēnei tūranga.
Me mōhio te kaitono ki ngā āhuatanga e whai ake nei
- te reo me ōna tikanga
- te mahitahi me te whānau me ngā kaimahi
- ngākaunui ki te poipoi i ngā tamariki mokopuna
- he hiahia ki te whai i ngā tohu whakangungu o te Kōhanga reo.
Ko ngā hāora wiki mō tēnei tūranga e 43. Ko ngā rā Mane ki te Paraire.
Mō te roanga o ngā whakamārama mō tēnei tūranga īmera mai ki firstname.lastname@example.org waea mai rānei ki a Melissa 04 3878966.
KAIMAHI JOB DESCRIPTION
TURANGA: Kaimahi - Kaiāwhina
RESPONSIBLE TO: Te Kōhanga Reo o Ngā Mokopuna
TONA TIKANGA: Essential Criteria
1 Be competent in Te Reo me ōna Tikanga
2 Must enjoy working with Mokopuna
3 Must be able to communicate effectively with the Whānau
4 Must have or work towards Te Tino Rangatiratanga Whakapakari Tohu OR Te Ara Tuatahi/ Tuarua
5 Must understand the Tikanga of Te Kōhanga Reo o Ngā Mokopuna and the importance of good relationships between whānau, kaimahi and tamariki
6 Must agree to be attested be whānau and hold a current First Aid Certificate within 6 months of starting employment.
7 Must not smoke in or around Te Kōhanga Reo!
8 Must change babies nappies
9 Must keep the Kōhanga Reo hygienically clean
10 Prepare kai for mokopuna when applicable
11 Daily Kōhanga cleaning
12 Must hold a full license if taking on driving duties
13 Must work operational hours that the Kōhanga Reo is licensed.
14 Must attend staff meetings on Friday
NGA MAHI AKE: Key Responsibilities
- Mana Atua - To empower and develop the understanding of the mokopuna in nurturing:
- Their spiritual side
- Their tapu side
- Their growth
- Their mind
- Their emotions
- Their body
- Mana Tangata – To appreciate the different Whakapapa of each mokopuna and that all people should be respected
- Must be a quality role model to the mokopuna so they are able to stand confidently
in the outside world
- Must have a great personality and be able to play and laugh with the mokopuna
- Be able to teach the mokopuna to care for themselves and their surroundings
- Mana Reo
16.1 Must speak Māori at all times!
16.2 Must learn to understand the different levels of Te Reo
16.3 Must be able to increase the levels of Mokopuna reo in all areas including the following:
- Outside play
- Correct pronunciation of words to the mokopuna
- Mana Whenua -
17.1 In Te Whāriki, you must research and teach the tamariki about Ranginui and
Papatūānuku and their children
17.2 You must also ensure that the tamariki know and understand their turangawaewae, marae, hapū, Iwi.
17.3 You must also learn about the following themes that will be included in the Kaiako planning each year:
- Preparing Kai
- Mana Aotūroa
18.1 To strengthen/develop the senses.
18.2 To offer opportunities for the mokopuna to explore and understand:
- To enable them to explore and understand their surroundings
19 To uphold and endorse the Employment Contract/Agreement between Kaimahi and the Whānau
20 To assist the Kaiako in all Kōhanga Activities and to carry out any mahi assigned by the Kaiako
21 To implement and endorse Te Whāriki, Te Korowai and The Charter of Te Kōhanga Reo o Ngā Mokopuna
Provide documentation to support Te Whāriki, Te Korowai, and the tikanga of Te Kōhanga Reo o Ngā Mokopuna in the following.
- To keep copies of the following Planners
- Keep reports for each mokopuna.(Assessment)
- Evaluate the assessments.(Evaluation)
Organisation File for Kaimahi
- Kaupapa Mahi
- Self Review
- Don’t leave the mokopuna alone unsupervised!
- If kaimahi are on a break, ensure someone is left with the mokopuna to supervise
- Most importantly, if you support each other, it will make the work load lighter and the mokopuna will benefit!
The Health and Well-being of the Mokopuna is Paramount
Must be clean and tidy and teach our mokopuna to be clean and tidy
Ko te mea nui ko te mahi tahi, ko te awhi tētahi i tētahi kia māmā ai kia koutou katoa, kia whai hua ko ngā mokopuna