Regional Learning Advisor
Closing Date : 25 Sep 2019
Job Ref: 30145
- Taranaki/Manawatu (Location open to region)
This role within the brand new Learning and Capability Development team at Oranga Tamariki is the perfect opportunity for someone with a background in education and/or skill building, and who is excited to help us build and shape our strategy for employee development. You will be part of a team that is dispersed around the country, so autonomy and self-motivation will be your strengths.
If you are passionate about capability development, love to design and implement learning solutions, and are eager to influence transformative change across our Ministry, apply now!
About the role:
In this newly created role reporting to the Manager Learning Delivery, you will be instrumental in assessing and supporting the capability needs of staff by working with our operational manager’s and leadership teams to devise the best learning solutions for the workforce. You will work as a strategic advisor for sites across the Taranaki and Manawatu regions to guide our workforce using best practice learning strategy to transform the learning experience.
A key importance in this role will be your ability to inform delivery of our blended learning environment as we grow the capability of sites to deliver services to tamariki and whānau. You will build collaborative relationships that seek and encourage feedback, understand analytics and coach and mentor and up skill our people leaders.
Key requirements of the role include:
- Strong working knowledge of the application of adult learning within a Te Ao Maori delivery space
- A proven ability to work effectively within a culturally diverse workplace
- Proven ability to analyse information, problem solve and contribute to the development of solutions for improving quality, compliance and performance in a learning environment
- Creativity and willingness to explore new options and ideas
- Strong organisational and planning skills with ability to prioritise
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and written with the ability to communicate complex and analytical data to wide ranging audiences at a variety of levels
- A highly collaborative and customer service approach with the ability to build relationships across all levels of the organisation
- Proactive continuous improvement mind-set to identify, design and be innovative with relevant learning solutions
- Solid understanding of adult leaning techniques, objectives, course development and evaluation tools.
Our purpose is to ensure that all tamariki are in loving whānau and communities where oranga tamariki can be realised. We believe that by getting involved early in their lives and showing love and care, we give children the best chance of growing into happy thriving New Zealanders.
We are committed to putting children first, we believe aroha is vital, we respect the mana of people, we are tika and pono, we value whakapapa and we recognise that oranga is a journey.
How to apply:
Please apply through the apply button and upload your CV and cover letter to our applicant tracking system. Current Oranga Tamariki employees – please apply through your myHR portal at work.
Please note all applications must be made online.
For any queries, please contact HR_Recruit@ot.govt.nz
Applications close: 25 September 2019.