SBC Member Manager
Sustainable Business Council
Closing Date : 27 Sep 2019
Are you passionate about whakawhanaungatanga, connecting people to find sustainable ideas, solutions and advice? Are you someone who puts your customer at the heart of everything you do? Are you looking for a role where you can use your powers to help people and planet?
The Sustainable Business Council is a membership organisation for businesses who want to be the best for New Zealand and our world. We’re a small, engaged, high paced team, working towards making sustainability mainstream in NZ business. Our mahi is underpinned by Te Tiriti principles of participation, partnership and protection. SBC is part of the BusinessNZ family, which is New Zealand’s leading business advocacy body.
As SBC’s Member Manager, you’ll be responsible for creating and delivering a strategy to grow, retain and connect our membership. You’ll lead on ensuring we understand and meet our member’s needs and create value from their engagement with us and each other.
What will you be doing?
- Creating an excellent member experience through the full life-cycle from applying to be a member, approval, on-boarding, invoicing, data, member engagement, member care and support, and exit
- Attracting new members by establishing a strong business development plan and leading implementation across the team and SBC Board
- Leading on member feedback and actioning change resulting from feedback and insights
- Leading on data management to ensure we’re tracking engagement; managing annual invoicing; managing debtors and any member churn
- Leading end to end process to review if members are meeting the commitments they make to be an SBC member
- Managing member related budget and resources including forecasting income, budgeting for member management spend, tracking expenditure and income
What do we want from you?
- At least three years’ experience working in account management, business development or customer care
- Confidence and experience building and maintaining relationships with diverse stakeholders at all levels of seniority and background
- Strong customer-centric perspective
- Proactive, willingness to learn, innovative, confident and able to thrive in the face of tight deadline and juggle competing demands
- Sustainability knowledge preferable
If this sounds like you, then apply now with a cover letter and CV. We will only consider applicants who already have a right to work in New Zealand.
Applications close on 27 September with interviews planned for 30 September and 1 October in Auckland. We hope to have someone start with us by mid-November. The role is Auckland based, but for the right candidate we will consider Wellington.