Whānau Ora Mobile Nurse -Long Term Conditions
Te Whānau o Waipareira
Location: Auckland Wide
Position Type: Full-Time
Vacancy ID: 61944522
- Work Monday to Friday
- Paid study leave of up to 10 days
- Flexible hours / Family first culture
- Close to transport hubs
- 5 weeks of annual leave
We are seeking a Registered Nurse that will provide Whānau Ora care within the Waitemata District Health Board area. As a Whānau Ora Mobile Nurse, you will assist in delivering healthcare to adult Māori patients with a big focus on diabetes, cardiac and long-term care. This will involve promoting a healthy lifestyle to the community and whānau to help minimise the risk of further hospitalization.
The position requires working across Monday to Friday. For the right candidate, some flexibility could be offered around working hours.
To be successful in this role:
- A full NZ Drivers license
- Registered Nurse Practicing Certificate in accordance with the Nursing Council of New Zealand
- Ideally - Minimum 2 years post-registration experience working with whānau in the community with Cardiac and Long-term conditions
- Ability to work either independently or in a team environment
- Competent in reporting accurate client information in a timely manner
- Excellent computer skills, and be familiar with Microsoft applications/platform
- Excellent communication skills - written and verbal
- The ability to work under pressure in a busy and challenging environment.
- Understanding of Māori culture and protocols
If you have what it takes and are looking for a new challenge, then apply today and help us make a difference.
To view the job description view here
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa