Principal Instructor Catering & Hospitality
Department of Corrections, Auckland
Closing Date : 26 Aug 2019
Vacancy Number: CSNR11658
Closing Date: 11.30pm, Monday 26th August 2019
Location: Auckland Prison, Paremoremo
Recruitment Contact: Jenny.Cooper@corrections.govt.nz
This is a great opportunity for an experienced and passionate leader to come and manage a team of dedicated Catering Instructors in this diverse and rewarding environment. We are looking for creative people to teach the craft and bring a new flavour to our site!
While your background and experience in catering/cookery/food service is an important factor – your key focus in this role is managing the team and inspiring with your leadership.
You will assist in the organisation and delegation of work and training, budget management and performance management as well as developing and maintaining customer relationships in order to enhance the development of both the business and Instructors.
To be successful you must have:
- Proven people leadership experience and creating high performance teams
- Industry experience in catering, cookery or food service and be trade qualified
- Strong relationship building skills – across a range of stakeholders
- Good communication – written and verbal
- The kitchen is a cook chill kitchen, so relevant experience would be a bonus however this is not essential.
All applications must be submitted online via our recruitment system. Please note: Applications that are emailed directly will NOT be considered.
Corrections embraces diversity and is committed to an inclusive workplace. We recognise and celebrate the uniqueness of individuals and celebrate the collective talent of all employees.