Case Manager - Otago Corrections Facility
Department of Corrections
Closing Date : 25 Aug 2019
Vacancy Number: CSNOBP9680.1
Location: Otago Corrections Facility
Contact Email Address: email@example.com
Contact Phone Number: 0800 4 FRONTLINE (0800 437 698)
CASE MANAGER - Otago Corrections Facility
Nau mai haere mai, come and join our whanau in the Otago Region as a Case Manager.
- Are you a strong role model who is passionate about helping others achieve positive change?
- Are you compassionate with great communication skills?
- Do you want experience working in a rewarding and supportive environment?
Case Managers provide specialist, end to end case management of prisoners including initial assessment, identification of prisoner needs, case planning and preparing prisoners for release. Using a range of services and techniques, they work with external agencies and the prisoners' families to support prisoners as they rehabilitate.
We are looking for candidates with;
- Proven knowledge and experience in case management
- Rehabilitation and reintegration related disciplines and practices.
- Effective relationship management and communication skills
- The ability to motivate and support prisoners to make positive changes
- Knowledge and experience working with Māori and Pacific Peoples and their families and communities
- Full, clean NZ Drivers Licence
Central to the role will be the ability to exercise sound professional judgement to ensure that prisoner services are appropriately identified and aligned to prisoner need.
If you think you have what it takes to play a key part in case management and make a real contribution to reducing re-offending and ensuring public safety, please apply now.
Note: Police Vets and Drug Tests are a part of our recruitment process.
If you are an internal applicant already employed as a Case Manager and you wish to transfer location, there is no need to complete the full application process. Instead, please register your interest for an internal transfer.
All applications must be submitted online via our recruitment system. Please note: Applications that are emailed directly will NOT be considered.
Corrections embraces diversity and is committed to an inclusive workplace. We recognise and celebrate the uniqueness of individuals and celebrate the collective talent of all employees.