Turuki Health Care, Auckland
Closing Date : 20 Sep 2019
Whakamanatia te wahine hei oranga whānau
Inspiring women to raise healthy families
Centrally Located in Manukau, South Auckland
Turuki Health Care is a kaupapa Māori Health and Social Services provider with services based in South and Central Auckland. We provide quality, accessible and affordable health care and support to whānau.
Turuki is commencing an exciting journey, establishing a new team who will deliver a national contact center service for Permanent Caregivers. Your role will be to provide support and develop and monitor Permanent Care Support Plans. The role will be varied and evolving as the services moves through development phase to going live.
What we need from you
- Qualification in social work, recognised by the Social Work Registration Board (SWRB)
- SWRB registration with a current APC or working towards gaining registration
- Proven ability to quickly build rapport with whanau with exceptional listening skills
- A high degree of both verbal and written communication skills
- A commitment to providing a culturally responsive approach to practice
- Ability to work will within a team and communicate effectively with all key stakeholders
- Applicants require New Zealand residency or a valid New Zealand work visa
We would also value
- Previous training and experience in trauma informed practice
- Experience working in a contact centre
- Understanding of Tikanga Māori
- Speaking Te Reo and other languages would be an advantage
- NZ driver’s license
- In return we offer an inclusive working environment
- Professional development opportunities including Turuki’s commitment to staff engaging in the Takarangi Competencies Framework
- External and internal supervision
- Full time position Monday to Friday
- Easy access to public transport
- Turuki Health Care is a smoke-free organisation
For a copy of the Application Form and the Position Description please contact Sonya Davey firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 09 280 2990.
All applications must include a completed Application Form, Cover Letter and CV.
Applications close 12.00pm Friday 20thSeptember 2019
Applicants for this position should have New Zealand residency or a valid New Zealand work visa.