Senior Strategic Advisor, Fixed-term, Secondment 18 months, full time, Wellington
Closing Date : 26 Aug 2019
We are looking for a senior advisor to work collaboratively with the lead strategic advisor and help us effectively respond to the Royal Commission of Enquiry and the Crown Secretariat.
- Highly culturally competent - tikanga Māori.
- Innovative Ministry undertaking transformative, cultural change.
About the Historic Claims team
MSD is responsible for the Historic Claims process. The Historic Claims team work with people who have been abused in State care, in particular the care of Child, Youth and Family and its predecessors, to address their concerns without them needing to resort to civil litigation.
MSD recently reviewed the way the historic claims process worked, undertaking a robust and far reaching consultation with current and previous claimants and key stakeholders which has resulted in a commitment to growing and adjusting the Historic Claims team with a focus on operating within the principles of Tikanga Māori; Mana, Aroha, Whakapapa, Whanaungatanga, Manaakitanga and Pono.
We are now recruiting the core members of the Team. This team will be made up of highly culturally responsive people who are specialists in their field.
About this role
The purpose of this position is to:
- Support the Lead Strategic Advisor to establish and maintain a cross agency approach (including health, MOE, OT and MSD) to development of key policy decisions that reflect the Governments principles, improve alignment of services and support a joined-up Crown approach
- Provide operational support to prepare for litigation
- Assist in responding to any work coming out of the Crown Secretariat to support the response to the Royal Commission.
All interested applicants will be able to demonstrate:
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities
- Experience in the social services or government sector
- Experience working on information sharing related projects within a government context
- Demonstrated ability to write to a high standard (clear, accurate, concise, appropriate to audience)
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to connect with people at all levels and build trusted rapport
- Experience in and knowledge of the public sector reporting processes, with an understanding of the processes systems required to meet these requirements
- Project management experience
If this sounds like you have a look at our position description and please apply!
The remuneration band is from$72969 -$91211 based on the skills and experience of the successful candidate.
We are expecting to hold interviews the week of 16 – 20 September.
If you would like to know more about this role, please send us an email to: email@example.com
How to Apply
To apply, click the 'Apply Now' button to upload your CV, cover letter and complete the online application form. Note: Your cover letter will be a key part of our assessment process, so please highlight how your experience relates to the requirements of this job.
All applications must be made online. If this is not possible or if you have any queries, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Internal MSD employees – please apply through your myHR portal at work. This will ensure that your myHR employee profile is visible as internal candidate.
External candidates – (including Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children employees) must apply directly through our MSD careers page at https://jobs.msd.govt.nz
Closing date: 2 weeks after posting