Ministry for Primary Industries
Closing Date : 22 Aug 2019
We have an exciting fixed term and or secondment opportunity for a Principal Adviser to Director Digital Monitoring until September 2020.
We are looking for a forward thinking Principal Adviser who is able to provide thought leadership to give effect to the Directorates strategic outcomes.
About the Role - Kōrero mō te tūranga
The Principal Adviser will be responsible for providing thought leadership and will undertake in depth analysis to inform advice and recommendations. The role will take on pieces of work across the programme including scoping and delivering on projects.
The role will take on pieces of work across the programme including scoping and delivering on projects. The incumbent will work closely with the Director and others in the branch to focus on the changing needs of the directorate, will assist with planning and will ensure all reporting obligations are met.
Bring your relevant tertiary qualification and/or significant relevant work experience along with your attention to detail and your enjoyment of working in a fast moving, busy environment where no two days are the same.
About Us - Mō Tātou
Fisheries New Zealand is focussed on managing New Zealand's valuable fisheries resources, and their place in the wider marine environment. We are responsible for stewardship of the fisheries system, which includes both regulatory and operational functions, and delivery of our obligations to Māori.
To find out more about Fisheries New Zealand and what we do please click here.
Skills and Experience - Ngā Pūkenga me ngā Wheako
- Substantial experience involving analysis, internal consultation and engagement, and interaction with decision makers.
- Significant experience in relationship management.
- Significant experience in strategic and intellectual leadership.
- Experience in business planning processes.
- Understands how a government agency functions, understands key government processes and current Government priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a clear focus on long term goals.
- Experience in determining stakeholder and customer needs and establishing mechanisms for meeting these.
How to Apply - Me pēhea te tuku tono
Follow this link to apply or for more information: https://careers.mpi.govt.nz/jobs/MPI19-1413771
To apply for this role you must hold the right to work in New Zealand or be eligible to obtain it – click here to find out more about work visa eligibility and options.
In order to be considered for this role, applicants must be available to interview within New Zealand or via Skype.
If you have any questions about the role, you may contact Melissa Heaney for a confidential discussion on Melissa.firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 22 August 2019