Social Worker, Blenheim
Closing Date : 20 Aug 2019
Job Ref: 29675
Are you a qualified Social Worker seeking a new challenge?
The wellbeing of tamariki is everyone’s responsibility. They deserve to feel safe, have their voices heard, and be surrounded by loving whānau and community.
If these words capture why you became a Social Worker, then you belong on the journey we have begun at Oranga Tamariki. We’re looking for a qualified, registered, and experienced Social Worker who wants to make a difference by putting children at the heart of everything they do.
About the role:
At our Blenheim site, we work alongside our community partners to bring about positive outcomes for our children, young people and their whānau. We have opportunities for qualified social workers to join our care and protection team. We work from a strengths based perspective and we are fully committed to achieving positive change for the children, young people and their families in this community.
Our Care and Protection Social Workers at Oranga Tamariki–Ministry for Children manage a variety of tasks using the latest strengths-based practice tools and assessment frameworks; you will work hard to get quality outcomes for mokopuna and whānau.
A big part of your day will be working with children and young people and ensuring their voices are heard, completing assessments, reports and formal Family Court documents, creating plans, completing referrals, participating in family group conferences and partnering with other agencies, stakeholders and the community to get the best outcomes.
Your ability to overcome barriers and skill to drive positive outcomes will put you in good stead for this challenging and hugely rewarding role.
We can offer you:
- A competitive market salary.
- A challenging, fascinating and rewarding career with many opportunities for professional development and building your network.
- On-going training and regular supervision to support you in achieving your personal and professional goals.
- Colleagues who are united in their commitment to the highest standards of strengths-based social work.
To be successful in this rewarding position, you will need:
- Full registration with New Zealand’s Social Work Registration Board (SWRB) or able to register.
- A social worker qualification recognised by the SWRB.
- Ability to quickly build rapport with tamariki and rangitahi.
- Demonstrated resilience, problem solving techniques and flexibility.
- Motivated and driven character.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills.
- Strong PC and Microsoft Office Suite skills with excellent report writing and written communication skills (you will need to write court reports).
- Flexibility to work after hours duty roster.
- Clean driver’s licence.
If you genuinely care about providing children with the aroha and support they need early on in life, you’ll get immense satisfaction from being able to turn lives around and seeing the difference your work makes to our youngest Kiwis. So will you join us?
How to apply:
Please apply online with your CV, cover letter, copy of your social worker qualification and SWRB details. If you are a current Oranga Tamariki employee, please apply through your myHR portal.
If you are applying from overseas, you will be required to provide a copy of your IELTS certificate.
If you have any queries, please contact Kaye MacDonald on firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close: 22 August, 2019. #LI-ORG