Student Support Advisor (Kaitohutohu Taunaki Tauira)
Te Wānanga o Aotearoa
Closing Date : 20 Aug 2019
Full-time (37.5hrs per week)
Are you motivated and passionate about the importance of education? Would working alongside a diverse range of learners be of interest to you? If so, then this could be the perfect role for you!
Te Wānanga o Aotearoa is one of New Zealand's largest tertiary education providers offering a comprehensive range of certificate to degree level qualifications to a wide range of people. Weinvite applications for the role of Student Support Advisor (Kaitohutohu Taunaki Tauira) based at our Porirua campus.
We are looking for someone who:
- Can provide quality academic and pastoral support to a diverse range of students.
- Has the ability to coach and mentor to remove barriers to learning for our students.
- Is innovative, creative and can think outside the square.
- Has strong administrative skills and has a drive to meet deadlines.
- Has the wherewithal to work independently and as part of a wider team.
Applicants will hold a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field with a Post Graduate qualification preferred. Applicants will have excellent problem solving and relationship management skills. Candidates will have proven experience in building and maintaining relationships with community agencies. Applicants must hold a clean, full New Zealand driver’s licence and be available to work evenings and some weekends.
Please be aware that this role requires applicants to have an in-depth understanding of Te Reo Māori me ona tikanga and undertake a Police Vetting process.
To apply for this position please register and apply on our jobs site: https://twoa.careercentre.net.nz/
Enquiries to Reti Kershaw-Hoeta at Reti.Kershaw-Hoeta@twoa.ac.nz or 04 238 4846.
Closes: 20 August 2019