Tutor Te Kete Aronui Part-Time
Te Whānau o Waipareira Trust
Location: Auckland – West, NZ
Position Type: Part-Time
- Permanent Part-Time position
- 1:30 - 7:00pm Tuesday - Friday
- 5 weeks annual leave
- Supportive work environment which offers on-going training and development
- Close to transport hubs
We are currently looking for a Tutor (specialising in Numeracy & Literacy) to work within our Wai-Tech Education Support centre at Waipareira. Te Whānau O Waipareira (Waipareira) is an urban Maori-proud community creating positive outcomes for whānau.
The Purpose of this position is to provide best practice education, aligned with legislative requirements to develop and deliver a professional service to tamariki and whānau. The role will work closely with our Kip Mcgrath contract – Te Kete Aronui – which involves supporting 7-11 year olds with out of school hours assistance.
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Be training towards a Diploma in Teaching or equivalent level 6 qualification
- Some experience working in the field, preferably in Child Education
- Sound knowledge of Whānau ora and Kaupapa Maori methodologies
- Competency in Te Reo Rangatira me ona tikanga
- Proficient IT skills and knowledge of applications relevant to the role
- Ability to effectively plan, organise and implement educational programmes
- Demonstrate a good understanding and application of relevant legislation including NZQA
If you are passionate about helping the community, then we'd like to hear from you – APPLY NOW. Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.