Kaiawhina Truancy: Whānau School Support
Te Whānau o Waipareira Trust
Location: Auckland Wide
Position Type: Full-Time
Vacancy ID: 30209630
- Rewarding role in the local community
- 5 weeks of annual leave
- Permanent position with great company benefits
- Close to transport hubs
Waipareira Trust is an urban Maori proud community creating positive outcomes for whanau. They have a rewarding hands-on role for an experienced Kaiawhina to assist with the Truancy programme within our local communities.
The position will require the person to identify effective and appropriate support for both unjustifiably absent and non-enrolled students in schools, work closely with students; their whānau, schools, community and other agencies to reduce non-attendance rates and return students to school.
To be successful in this role, you will require:
- A Full clean drivers license;
- Sound knowledge of the Waitakere Local Community;
- Good understanding of the West Auckland Schools;
- Experience of working with families/whānau and their children;
- Excellent ability to manage referrals, database, and case management;
- Establish and maintain relationships with schools, whānau, and communities;
- Ability to work unsupervised, manage timeframes and work as part of a strong team;
- Previous experience working within education background, MOE;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and collaborate across key stakeholders namely schools, students and their whanau, community groups;
- Ability to implement Te Kauhau Ora.
If you have the right skills, experience and passion to support the communities and also the children within the communities - please view the job description and apply today.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid work visa.