Māori Achievement Capability Advisor
Waikato Institute of Technology, Wintec
Closing Date : 28 Aug 2019
Kia hiwa rā ki tēnei tuku, kia hiwa rā ki tērā tuku. E ngāmana e ngā reo e kimi ana ngētehi tāne, wāhine rānei e tūkaha ana ki te hiki atute angitu o ngā akonga Māori me ngā akonga o Te Moana nui a Kiwa kei TeKuratini o Waikato nei. Whai mai koutou ki te tūranga nei.
Do you have adrive to enable educational achievement for Māori and Pasifika students?
The Māori Achievement Unitis a small team with great expctations. We are committed to delivering improved outcomes for Māori and Pasifika studentsat Wintec. This is a unique opportunity for an experienced, dynamic and innovative education practitionerto join our team.We are looking for a motivated person to help lead, influence and guide the implementation of organisation-wide initiatives targeted at improving Māori and Pasifika student outcomes. If you are enthusiastic and committed to creating successful pathways for Māori and Pasifika students, then this could be the role for you.
The right candidate is someone who:
- Can build and maintain robust relationships with multiple stakeholders.
- Has solid experience in curriculum development (preferably in a tertiary environment).
- Has a strong working knowledge of Māori and Pasifika pedagogy and mātauranga Māori.
- Has experience working with data and information to identify issues and come up with solutions to help solve complex problems.
- Can lead and work with others to support and implement change initiatives.
In return, Wintec offers:
- Workplace flexibility.
- Professional development.
- An environment where you are encouragedto challenge the status quo.
- Opportunities to deliver on significant and meaningful challenges.
Wintec is an innovative and forward-thinking organisation. We embrace change and actively seek out new opportunities to develop and enhance the way we work. We value our connections with the wider community, holding true to our mission to build a strong community through education, research and development.
If you would like to join a skilled and creative team then apply today!