Social Worker - Rangatahi
Te Whānau o Waipareira Trust
Location: Auckland Wide
Position Type: Full-Time
Vacancy ID: 45169278
Te Whānau o Waipareira is an urban Māori-proud community creating positive outcomes for whānau. We are looking for an experienced registered Social Worker to join our growing service supporting rangatahi.
The ideal applicant will have a special ability to connect and build meaningful and positive relationships with rangatahi and their whānau, be able to guide them into pathways that will provide them with support, encouragement and guidance. We provide a whānau working environment based in tikanga Māori, a competitive remuneration and the opportunity to be part of positive long-term change for youth.
Please view the full job description HERE
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Social Work degree
- Social workers registration
- Annual practicing certificate
- Minimum 3 years working with rangatahi
- Have a clear police vet
- Be able to work in Te Ao Māori and have an understanding of Māori models of practice
- Ability to work effectively in a team
- Able to effectively plan and prioritise
- Have a sound knowledge of the community and other key agencies
- Have the ability to maintain focus on the young person while also navigating various services alongside the young person
- Hold a full current drivers licence
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Click this link to apply.