Casual Resource Workers, Waikato and Bay of Plenty Regions
Closing Date : 01 Aug 2019
At Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children, we are committed to putting children and young people at the heart of everything we do and say. We value the wellbeing of tamariki and rangatahi above all else. We want to ensure that all children and young people are in loving whānau and communities.
- Transport children and young people to and from school, activities or appointments.
- Have responsibility of tamariki and rangatahi when they are not with their whānau.
- Track and monitor children and young people who are deemed at risk.
- Escort (with a Social Worker) young people to court, appointments and residential placements.
- Mentor tamariki and rangatahi by doing one-on-one work with them to assist them to achieve specific goals.
As a casual Resource Worker, you may be called upon to work as and when required. Because our casual pool provides support when relief is required, you may be called upon at short notice.
- Are able to work well with children and young people in a caring and responsible way.
- Have a full, clean New Zealand driver’s licence.
- Are flexible with working as and when required.
- Have the ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Can meet all our pre-employment checks.
Please apply through the apply button and upload your CV and cover letter to our applicant tracking system. Please note, only online applications will be accepted