Arts Events Co-ordinator
Massey University, Palmerston North
Closing Date : 23 Jul 2019
College of Humanities and Social Sciences
We are looking for an energetic and well-organised part-time (0.2 FTE) Co-ordinator to support arts events and related publicity and liaison.
The main task is to ensure the smooth and successful running of our Arts on Wednesday programme during semesters one and two. This programme is part of a busy schedule of arts events at our Manawatu campus, which thrives on input from our award-winning creative arts lecturing staff, creative arts students, visiting artists, arts agencies and production companies.
What skills will the successful candidate need? Read on
- enjoyment of a range of art forms including creative writing, performing arts and media
- some experience in event co-ordination and logistics
- flair and accuracy in creating publicity material both online and in print
- experience in managing social media sites
- ability to foster connections with our key stakeholders and supporters including arts agencies, the Palmerston North City Council, and the campus and Manawatu communities more broadly
- strong interpersonal and time management skills.
No formal qualification is required. Practical experience in screen, performing, and/or literary arts or arts administration is a considerable advantage for this position.
Massey is a Tiriti-led University and we are committed to achieving equity outcomes for staff and students in a safe, inclusive and equitable environment.
Closing date: 23 July 2019
Reference number: CHSS_SEMS_325_07/19
For further information and to apply online, visit: http://masseyunicareers.nga.net.nz