Kaiako – Bachelor of Bicultural Social Work Year 1
Te Wānanga o Aotearoa
Closing Date : 28 Jul 2019
We are seeking a full time Kaiako to deliver our Year 1 of the Bachelor of Bicultural Social work programme in Hamilton. We require an expert Kaiako (tutor) who has extensive experience within the Social Services field to deliver our Social Work programme in a bicultural framework. You will enhance our tauira by delivering high quality education based on sound bicultural principles in Social Work practice.
Candidates must have the following qualifications:
- Masters level qualification in Social Work or related field;
- Registered with Social Workers' Registration Board (SWRB);
- Must be able to pass Police Vet
Ideally, the candidate will have or be able to obtain:
- NOA 1 –or Unit standards 4098/11281/18203
- New Zealand Certificate in Adult Tertiary Teaching Level 5 (NZCATT L5)
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge and appreciation of Te Reo and Tikanga Māori within a bicultural framework
- Have a good understanding of Āhuatanga Māori (Māori values, tikanga (protocols and practices) and culture) and partakes in cultural activities.
- Southern cross health insurance
- Free Car Parking
- Ongoing training & development
- Competitive Pay Rates
- Research Opportunities
If you wish to be involved in this exciting initiative and have a passion for seeing communities succeed in education, then we would like to hear from you.
To apply for this position please register and apply on our jobs site: