Regional Manager Southern – Enrolment and Community Engagement
Closing Date : 21 Jul 2019
About the role
This is a key, permanent, leadership role in the Commission’s Enrolment and Community Engagement business group. You will lead a team of five Registrars of Electors and their teams located in Nelson, Greymouth, Christchurch, Timaru, Dunedin and Invercargill to deliver high quality electoral enrolment and community engagement across all part of the regions.
It is a busy role that will fully utilise your people leadership and relationship management skills as you lead and grow your team to deliver critical outputs, while building and maintaining key community partnerships across your region.
Reporting to the Manager, Enrolment and Community Engagement Operations, you will work hand-in-glove with three other Regional Managers and be a part of the Enrolment and Community Engagement Operations Leadership Team.
The role will be based within the Southern region, with a preference for Christchurch or Dunedin.
To be successful in this role you will need to be:
- An exceptional people leader, with a proven track record of leading and growing high performing people and teams
- Passionate about engaging with communities to build and maintain mutually valuable partnerships across the full spectrum of electors in your region – particularly Maori, Pacific communities, new New Zealanders and youth
- Open to building and sharing your knowledge of diverse cultures, in particular Tangata Whenua
- An excellent communicator, with the ability to work across boundaries to build and maintain excellent internal relationships
- Experienced in managing and collaborating remotely
- Able to work well under pressure to meet deadlines
- Prepared to travel regularly
About the Electoral Commission | Te Kaitiaki Take Kōwhiri
The Electoral Commission wants every New Zealander to trust, value and take part in parliamentary elections.
We are an independent Crown Entity who works with and through communities to inform, engage and educate New Zealanders about the value of participation, make it easy for them to enrol and vote, promote understanding of New Zealand’s democratic processes, and deliver parliamentary elections and referendums.
Why join the Electoral Commission?
We understand how important family is; therefore, we support a family-friendly atmosphere. You will join a team who are here for the right reasons, and we are passionate about what we do. The mid-point of the salary range for this position is $104,491.
For more information regarding this role, please email email@example.com or contact Ross McPherson on 027 202 9584 or 04 806 3550
Applications close at 5pm Sunday 21 July 2019.