Lead Data Scientist - Contractor
Te Whānau o Waipareira Trust
Use your proven experience, research, evaluation and data analysis skills in this key engagement and influencing role.
Wai-Atamai is the Social Innovation hub for Te Whanau O Waipareira. We are responsible for undertaking research, designing, developing and implementing leading edge best practice for supporting Waipareira achieve transformational outcomes for Whanau.
The purpose of this role is to lead out on the development of a Group Data Strategy and the associated Change Management process which will provide data analytics across the Group, to understand business needs, data insights and research.
- Support management, finance and business development teams strategies with analytics and reporting
- Collaborate with leadership to provide credible feedback on capabilities and needs
- Summarise and present findings to senior leadership
- Contribute your skills to a range of nationally significant research, evaluation and analysis projects;
- Demonstrate numerical, analytical & problem solving skills along with knowledge of the use of sophisticated data analysis tools;
- Possess excellent stakeholder engagement ability as well as well-developed written and oral communications skills.
- Experience in statistical modelling, data analysis, data mining methods and/or operations research methods
You will require the following skills
- A postgraduate qualification in data, statistics, health science, social science or related fields of data analysis or research
- Knowledge of te reo me tikanga
- Good understanding of Māori health issues
- Some understanding of kaupapa Māori research methods
- Experience in developing data improvement plans and managing these to implementation
- Experience in the gathering and analysing data
- Experience with Change Management Processes
- Experience working with Māori communities would be an advantage
- Excellent project discipline, particularly defining objectives, task planning, achieving milestones, problem identification, solution development and quality assessment
To apply for this vacancy click this link.