Intermediate OR Senior Consultant Accounting & Advisory - Tauranga / Rotorua
Closing Date : 07 Aug 2019
Deloitte New Zealand is an undisputed leader in professional services that seeks to make an impact that matters. We work with clients ranging from New Zealand’s largest companies to smaller businesses with ambition an ambition to grow.
The Bay of Plenty is the lifestyle destination of choice for professional couples, families and people that have a passion for life, the ocean and the outdoors. Tauranga is famous for its beaches, growing café culture and a great work life balance. Rotorua is a compact city with affordable housing that is easily accessible to nearly 50% of the country’s population and is famous for its mountain biking and tourism offerings.
Deloitte Tauranga | Rotorua provides Virtual CFO, Advisory, Consulting and Virtual GM services to a large and growing number of successful organisations (public and private), Iwi entities and Maori trusts in the Central North Island wider Bay of Plenty.
Our market leading Tax and Private team is looking for a Senior Business Advisor to join our close-knit practice in Rotorua with the flexibility of also working from our shared Tauranga office space. In this role you will be focused on helping small to medium sized enterprises grow and succeed. Your clients will span a variety of industries and geographies.
This is your chance to develop your skills within an innovative, high-performing organisation that will provide a supportive environment and is committed to its people. Inter-city travel will be involved between Rotorua and Tauranga.
You will have a strong work ethic, enjoy working in a dynamic environment and demonstrate a high level of initiative. Professional yet personable, you will have a quiet confidence and the ability to communicate at all levels. We will consider candidates from various Accounting or Management backgrounds with the following skills and experience:
- 2-4 years of experience relevant to the role
- CA qualified, or in final stages
- Experience in preparation of financial statements through to completion, management accounting GBT, GST and annual tax returns
- Proven ability to work in a business advisory capacity
- Good understanding of accounting and tax issues
- Strong relationship building and communications skill are paramount to your success
- Strong technology skills in Zero, including knowledge of operating and/or implementing add ons
What we Offer
- A competitive remuneration and benefits package
- Health insurance subsidy for eligible employees
- 3% employer contribution towards employee’s KiwiSaver package
- World class learning and development opportunities tailored to you and your career goals.
- A team based high performance culture – where recognising team and individual success is a high priority. Our aim is to ensure that all our people feel comfortable to bring their whole selves to work, and as a result, create a workplace that encourages the true spirit of 'and different'
- We take our coaching seriously and have a strong focus on helping our people achieve their potential and advance through their career. In addition, our team enjoys the benefit of internal training courses as well as support for external courses and conference attendance.
Apply now or for specific queries please contact Adriana Hitch on 09 303 0850
Deloitte New Zealand is proud to be part of Deloitte Asia Pacific to succeed in becoming the undisputed leader in professional services to really make an impact that matters. Deloitte New Zealand brings together more than 1400 specialists providing New Zealand's widest range of high quality professional services. We focus on assurance, tax, technology & systems, strategy, digital, performance improvements, risk management, corporate finance, business recovery, forensics and accounting services.
Requisition code: NZE19R-TP165768