Te Whānau o Waipareira Trust
Location: Henderson, Auckland
Position Type: Full-Time
Vacancy ID: 77303302
Waipareira Trust is an urban Maori-proud community creating positive outcomes for whānau. We are seeking a Kaiārahi (Navigator) that will engage with whānau to identify their sought outcomes and provide advocacy and where appropriate, develop outcome plans and goals and work alongside whānau to achieve these.
Our Kaiārahi are located in our Whānau Centre in Henderson and are available to whānau for walk-ins, queries and where possible help to address an immediate need. Kaiārahi work alongside whānau to understand current needs, look at whānau strengths, develop a plan and navigate whānau into the appropriate services that best suit the whānau and meet goals within the plan. Our Kaiārahi can work for up to 12 months with a whānau.
To be successful in this role:
- Knowledge of community, community agencies, and resources within the community
- Attained or studying towards Whānau Ora diploma or specific qualifications associated with this role
- Minimum 2 years' experience working with and supporting whānau to achieve whānau needs and aspirations
- Experience networking and working with community agencies
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and written
- Understanding of māori culture and protocols
- Experience in planning, and working with whānau