Treatment Injury Cover Specialist - Lower Hutt
Closing Date : 25 Jun 2019
Expression of Interest to attend our Open Day in Lower Hutt
Have you ever wondered what a Treatment Injury Cover Specialist does?
Register your interest today by applying online and take the opportunity to attend our Open Day in Lower Hutt on Wednesday 26/06/2019 at 9:30am though to 1pm.
- Are you an experienced registered Health Professional looking for a change in your career?
- Do you want an opportunity to use your clinical knowledge in a new way, leave shift work behind and work in an office environment from Monday to Friday?
- Do you enjoy problem solving, assessing clinical information, making decisions and communicating with clients?
If you've answered yes, then this could be the role for you!
Please note this role is currently based Lower Hutt and will be relocating next year to Wellington CBD.
What to expect at the Open Day?
- An interactive demonstration session where you will learn a bit more about Treatment Injury and the role. It will help you understand our culture and team and if you think this could be the right environment for you?
- A short interview if you are strongly interested in the role after the above session
You don't want to miss out on this opportunity. So please bring your CV and be prepared for an interview.
The Treatment Injury Cover Specialist role will play an important role in assessing clinical information and making decisions on ACC claims where the injury may have been caused by treatment. The role is office based and communication with external stakeholders is largely phone based.
Your broad base of clinical knowledge, ability to interpret legislation, medical records and clinical data into meaningful information will be vital to this role. You will not be left to your own devices, but will be fully supported by a team of like minded Clinical Professionals as well as having access to Legal and Medical Advisors.
The role of Treatment Injury Cover Specialists an existing role within the Operations team. We're currently in a new and exciting phase where we have confirmed our future roles. This will mean the role of Treatment Injury Cover Specialist will be updated to Specialist Cover Assessor.
So, what experience is essential for the Treatment Injury Cover Specialist role?
If you work well in a busy environment, have tenacity, good organisational skills, professional judgement, computer literate and have:
- a recognised clinical qualification in a relevant clinical field - please state what clinical field (e.g. Nursing, Physiotherapy, Midwifery, Pharmaceuticals, etc.)
- ideally a minimum of five years' post-graduate clinical experience as a practitioner dealing with the public
- a current Annual Practising Certificate.
At ACC, we recognise that diversity, inclusion and accessibility are important to our business, our people and our customers. We embrace the unique perspective and capabilities of our people now and into the future who help us continue to build a culture of involvement, respect and connection for our people and with all of New Zealand.
We would love to hear from you if you feel you are a good fit - applications will only be accepted when formally submitted through our ACC Career Website.
The role closes on the Tuesday, 25 June 2019.
For any questions reach out to Nadine.O'Donnell@acc.co.nz