Public Health Advisor
Hutt Valley District Health Board
Closing Date : 30 Jun 2019
- Immediate start
- Flexible working hours
- Serves the Wellington Region
We have an exciting opportunity for a motivated and skilled person who is passionate about celebrating and improving Māori, Pacific and Child health.
About the Role
Regional Public Health is seeking someone who strives to make a positive difference to the health and wellbeing of communities across the Greater Wellington region. This will be achieved through working to create supportive environments that make the healthy choice the easy choice. A key aspect of the Public Health Advisor role is using public health approaches with a range of providers and stakeholders.
Addressing and reducing the health inequities that exist in the current environment is a priority for Regional Public Health. We aspire to be leaders in creating healthy communities and we are looking for someone to join us on this journey. The Healthy Communities Team at Regional Public Health focus' are: physical activity, nutrition, workplace wellness, sustainability, sexual health and early childhood services.
This role requires you to:
- Have a relevant public health qualification or relevant experience
- Be working at varying levels with a wide range of stakeholders including community
- Have knowledge of training and facilitation of health promotion programmes.
- Have an understanding of the obligations of the Crown to uphold the Treaty of Waitangi
- Have an understanding and working knowledge of the social determinants of health
- Be a team player
- Have a can do attitude
- Have a high level of computer literacy
- Confident and competent presenter
- Social media savvy
- Be an excellent oral and written communicator.
Improving the health and wellbeing of Māori, Pacific whānau and communities are key priorities for Regional Public Health. If you have experience working with these communities we want to hear from you.
This is a full time permanent position (40 hours per week).
Please note you must have permanent residency or a valid long term working visa to be considered for this position.
To apply for this position please submit via HVDHB website with a cover letter (less than one-page please) and a CV (less than 4 pages) that showcases:
- What you have done in your career that has led you to this role?
- How you will add value to our organisation?
- That proves you have the skills, experience and attributes that we have outlined above.
How to Apply
For further information on this role, please email email@example.com and indicate the vacancy number 9112116-19 and job title in the subject line.