Senior Management Consultant
GHA - Glenn Hawkins & Associates Ltd
Closing Date : 28 Jun 2019
GHA is a mid-sized Māori chartered accountancy and management consulting firm operating out of Rotorua and Tauranga servicing clients within the Central North Island rohe and beyond. GHA assists a range of organisations by providing a personalised service based on excellent working relationships. Our clients mainly include Māori trusts, incorporations, treaty settlement entities, small and medium enterprises and non-government organisations. Understanding the needs of our clients and adding value is essential, as their success is our priority.
In addition to accounting, secretarial and share register services, we undertake business consulting. As a member of the consulting team you will have the opportunity to deliver a diverse range of services. For instance, our consultants work with clients to develop strategies, investigate opportunities, review organisational performance, develop management systems, craft policy proposals, evaluate programmes and deliver business advice. As a senior management consultant you will have a good understanding of the Māori economy, strong analytical, exemplary written and relationship management skills, and an ability to work across a number of business sectors.
Our value statements epitomise who we are and what we stand for. These are qualities and attributes that we that we look for in team members. We expect our team to promote and uphold these values in their work.
The position has responsibility for the following key areas of our firm’s business:
Forming trusted work relationships with our clients, team members and other stakeholders
- Engaging with clients to understand their needs and in ways that uphold the values of the firm
- Being responsive to client and team member requests for advice and assistance
- Actively maintaining relationships through ethical, professional, and appropriate communications
- Maintaining a high degree of care and professionalism in your appearance, conduct and dress
- Use of te reo Māori in communications with clients, team members and other stakeholders
Providing high quality analysis, advice, information and written documents to meet clients’ needs:
- Meeting with clients to understand their business needs, organisational problems and opportunities
- Developing quotations and proposals for services that respond to our clients’ needs
- Completing research and analysis of information that identifies key issues and solutions
- Using financial modelling and other quantitative methods to analyse business problems and solutions
- Conducting one-to-one interviews and facilitating group hui with clients and other stakeholders
- Peer reviewing the written and analytical work of other team members to maintain quality standards.
Contributing to the design and delivery of core management consulting services GHA offers, including:
- Leading enterprise development services to build Māori entrepreneurial capabilities
- Leading organisational development services to build Māori managerial capabilities
- Leading research and evaluation services, programmes and advice in support of Māori development
- Leading public policy services, papers, proposals and advice on Māori economic development
- Working with associates of GHA to ensure clients have access to high quality technical services
Contributing to the growth and development of the firm, including:
- Identifying continuous improvements and innovations in GHA processes, systems and practices
- Identifying opportunities for new and existing business, products and services
- Sharing your knowledge and experience with clients, team members and other stakeholders
Developing your knowledge and competency in te ao Māori and te ao whānui, including:
- Maintaining knowledge of the Māori and New Zealand economies
- Participating in and contributing to the firm’s use of te reo Māori, tikanga Māori and mātauranga Māori
- Maintaining membership of relevant professional associations, business networks and industries.
- Exemplary communications, facilitation and relationship management skills
- Exemplary problem solving, analytical, business research and report writing skills
- Either extensive experience in financial modelling skills and other quantitative methods, including advanced spreadsheeting or extensive experience in preparing complex reports
- Interviewing skills for business research, including one-to-one and group interviews
- Confidence and capability to present complex information to individuals and groups
- Initiative and teamwork skills, including project management
- Knowledge of Māori enterprises and the Māori economy
- Knowledge of entrepreneurial and business development processes
- Knowledge in one or more of agribusiness, property, tourism, finance, health, education and social services
- Knowledge of governance and management of commercial and non-commercial organisations
- Knowledge and ability in te reo and tikanga Māori
An accounting, business or economics or similar degree is preferred. Post-graduate qualifications are desirable.
Please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before Friday 28thJune.